why the Leafs will suck :-)

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
It's been the same for decades now. They can only do things two-thirds of the way. The game, the season, etc. Do good for the first two periods, and then disappear in the third.

No matter who is on the ice or behind the bench, it's always the same.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I thought living in Montreal and being a Leafs fan was tough until I met a habs fan that lives in Boston....born and raised. :D

HiVolt

Staff member
LOL, I will donate my left nut to science if either the Sens or Habs are better than the Leafs this year.

OP
OP
B

bjlockie

Haha, you mighr want to choose you'rr commitments more carefully. The leafs always manage to find a way to disappoint somehow.
He's pretty safe on that one except maybe if the Leafs don't get good goaltending.
I think the Leafs will finish 3rd in the crappy Atlantic Division.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
He's pretty safe on that one except maybe if the Leafs don't get good goaltending.
I think the Leafs will finish 3rd in the crappy Atlantic Division.
I have to be honest, I haven't closely follow NHL since the last strike where we lost the whole season. I got out of watching it and could never get back into it.

BUT, the Leafs have always for some strange reason, operated by the two-thirds rule. They only play 2 out of 3 periods and only perform for two thirds of the season and then bite the big one. No matter the players/coach/gm, it seems to always be this way.

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
They are fun to watch now but the defense is still bad.
It's a huge problem IMHO. I still think they're going to package Nylander with one of their backup goalies and trade for a stud D. If not soon then at the deadline. I could be wrong.

HiVolt

Staff member
Nylander doesnt have a contract, he can't be traded, right? He's a RFA, so they can probably just trade his rights to another team who can then sign him? Not sure how much you'd get for that.

Nylander hasn't completely proven himself yet. Some games he looks like a perennial all star, some he looks like a minor leaguer. He needs consistency.

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
Might be his inconsistency is where the problem is with the contract. Dubas is probably preaching patience and a bridge deal until he proves himself, and Nylander has already said he wants long term.

Nylander rejected his qualifying offer, and there's no offer sheets on deck for the Leafs to match. His only options are to sign a deal or sit. What that does to his stock in a trade I dunno, but those RFA rights can be traded I'm sure.

Top Bottom