• There will be an upgrade performed to the site tonight. The forums may go offline for a short period. Sorry for the inconvenience.

US Election prediction/best

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
(cue the controversy ;) )

I'm going to go with 538's prediction that the House will go Blue, but the Senate will stay red.

Any takers?

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I purposely stay out of politics altogether but I thought Trump had another 2 years of anarchy yet. Did something happen to call a special election? It has only been 2 years since he was elected, hasn't it?

EDIT: OK, I googled what are midterm elections and have my answer now. I guess because Trump is so controversial, this is the first time that I've actually paid attention enough. I had 0 idea this even existed.

FYI, I believe whatever side Trump is on will remain with the majority of seats. Americans love drama and love someone who loves to stir the pot. They certainly have that right now, so why change?

EDIT2: Damn you, I had to go and research further but only made it far enough to assure myself that the US political system is WAAAAAYYYYY too complicated for a novice to understand. I learned enough to know that democrats are blue and republicans are red. I also learned enough to know I am very happy I do not live in the US. :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
El Quintron

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
It's so weird to have their sides opposite to ours.

OP
OP
El Quintron

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
For those who don't understand how this all works the USA elects both houses and their president via the electoral college. However because their system was designed to "not have kings" their lower house, who funds the government is elected "two years" off as well as some senators, which are members of the upper house.

So today, some Senate seats are up for grabs either because of timing or attrition and the entire lower house is also up for grabs. (eg: congress)

OP
OP
El Quintron

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
As a follow up to this, the new house starts sitting today.

Top Bottom