• There will be an upgrade performed to the site tonight. The forums may go offline for a short period. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ShoutBox Contents

Davesnothere

Administrator
Staff member
OOOOPS, Sorry :oops:

FYI, I was adjusting Shoutbox to not clear older posts so soon, and without warning me, it must have cleared itself because of the adjustment.

As y'all can see, newer shouts since then are staying put.

Here is what I managed to backup, from the duplicate tab which I had open when this happened :

Davesnothere Davesnothere:
Shoutbox is an Addon, and I checked in its options, but see no setting for who can see it, nor for when. :(
Minutes ago

I had not checked, but you are saying that if I logged out, I currently will not see it at all ?
Today at 6:47 PM

dillyhammer dillyhammer:
Is it possible to make the shoutbox visible but read-only to non-member visitors? Wondering if it would help entice others to sign-up if they see some familiar faces...
Today at 3:38 PM

No posts have been harmed. ;)
Today at 11:19 AM

Also added/edited descriptions for a few forums.
Today at 11:19 AM

I created some more forums, renamed and moved one or two, and moved one post to a more fitting forum. - Have a look...
Today at 11:18 AM

Another of interest : https://torrentfreak.com/copyright-...ively-putting-us-efforts-in-the-shade-190127/
Today at 10:16 AM

https://torrentfreak.com/bell-asked-canadian-government-to-ban-certain-vpns-190129/
Today at 10:15 AM

Mentions 19.9K subscribers to it on site front page.
Today at 10:13 AM

I do not use it, but yes they have an RSS feed.
Today at 10:13 AM

Rednekcowboy Rednekcowboy:
That is how the other news threads are populated
Yesterday at 7:38 PM

Do they have an rss feed?
Yesterday at 7:37 PM

El Quintron El Quintron:
Other question I've been meaning to ask, can we also get a Torrent Freak feed? They have some decent reporting on intellectual property issues.
Yesterday at 7:28 PM

At least the 'Please Ignore This Thread' thread was untouched by this - in essence - wait for it - it was Ignored ! :D
Sunday at 11:37 PM

I must have posted some decent stuff in there, as I lost 6 'Likes'.
Sunday at 11:35 PM

I just checked and my open tab for 'improvements' gets an error now.
Sunday at 11:33 PM

sorry to those members that had posts in those forums
Sunday at 9:43 PM

also looks like something happened to the improvements and introductions forums and I couldn't recover the old ones so created new ones
Sunday at 9:42 PM

I've added the sections in the description you provided
Sunday at 9:42 PM

FYI @El Quintron when you create a category, you have to populate the forums. all that is available to post in technical discussion is the linux forum you created
Sunday at 9:19 PM

ok, if you're available on the weekend, maybe we can aside some time to work on this
Friday at 4:12 PM

El Quintron El Quintron:
By disposable email, I mean things like two-minute mail and ten minute mail, they're really disposable as opposed to "legit" spam catchers
Friday at 10:20 AM

that is strange as I am registered with a hotmail account
Friday at 8:49 AM

El Quintron El Quintron:
Also I've been meaning to test some registrations with a non-disposable email, so I'm going to try and do that, assuming I fail to get a registration email can you get back to me and let me know what's going on? Reason I'm asking is that Xenforo blocks disposable emails so my previous trial and error don't mean much
Friday at 8:35 AM

Cool thank you sir!!
Jan 21, 2019

El Quintron El Quintron:
I lumped in Networking for the time being, despite the fact that bigger forums usually have their own netwoking header
Jan 19, 2019

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Administrator
Staff member
Here is what has been shouted SINCE the event :

Davesnothere:
Here it is, with my apologies : https://canispreports.com/threads/shoutbox-contents.3367/:oops:
11 minutes ago

I think I could paste my backup into a forum post though, and Shout a link to the post - Stand by....
22 minutes ago

I had it open in another tab, and backed it up to a text file after I saw it vanish from THIS one, but dunno whether/how a restore can be done.
23 minutes ago

I think I did that. :(
26 minutes ago

El Quintron El Quintron:
What happened to our chat history?
30 minutes ago

Shoutbox is an Addon, and I checked in its options, but see no setting for who can see it, nor for when. :(
?? Minutes ago

Top Bottom