Rant: AC:Origins vs. AC: Odyssey

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
Can someone explain to me why a year old game is still 80$ on PC? In fact it's the same price as Odyssey, which is the most recent iteration. What a rip... I know Ubisoft is a pretty corrupt outfit, but year old games should not be retailing for 80$.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I never understood the pricing model when it comes to pc games. Some times AAA game prices drop to the basement shortly after they are released while others sometimes actually rise. Then you have yet others that remain high for years.

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
I never understood the pricing model when it comes to pc games. Some times AAA game prices drop to the basement shortly after they are released while others sometimes actually rise. Then you have yet others that remain high for years.
Yup I don't get it either, it goes on sale all the time, but the default price should be closed to 30 or 40...

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
K both of these are on Sale on Steam right now with Origins being 40bux, I need an immersive, serious-ish game, I tried playing MHW, but it wasn't immersive enough for me, despite being fun.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I am testing Shadow of the Tomb Raider now and have to say I am very glad that I did not actually purchase this game. It is not at all like Rise of the Tomb Raider. Completely different in every aspect.

Shadow is more like an Uncharted game. Doesn't make it bad but people who were expecting a continuation on the previous game with similar gameplay would be extremely disappointed.

EDIT: After just over an hour in, Shadow falls into the same type of gameplay as Rise. Intro was completely too long to get to this point though. If I was not an Uncharted fan, I definitely would have written this game off and given up long before I got to the good parts.

Last edited:

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I just ran through SOTR from the beginning. With knowing what I was doing and being able to skip the cut scenes, it is still over an hour before you get to what I would call actual gameplay. For someone that would watch the cut scenes and figure their way--without help, it would be well over 2 hours to get out of the linear, point and click scenes before you get to an actual ROTR style gameplay.

While I am old-school and appreciate longevity in story-line, this far too long for today's adhd generation and, even in my old-school standards, way overboard. No one wants to, what amounts to basically sitting through, a 2 hour long intro to any game before they get to real and actual game-play. This shows a complete lack of respect for the player and a definite hubris and utter self-conceit on behalf of the publisher.

To be quite blunt--where the hell do you get the nerve to pull a stunt like this? ROTR was a great game no doubt, but are you that conceited that you actually believe people will stand--especially in the ADHD generation a 2 hour long intro to a sequel--which history has already demonstrated will be significantly inferior? Did you just say to yourselves--everyone knows it won't be as good so let's soak them for as much we can get and then force them to sit through 2 hours of cutscenes? I better be seeing 8+ hours of gameplay from this point on or this review is going to get a whole lot worse!!

Top Bottom