Official 2019 - 2020 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
About a month out from training camp, so here we go.
And we can start off with another RFA imbroglio, Mitch marner not being signed sliding into September.

The odd thing is, the Leafs know precisely how much cap room they have, and so does Marner's camp. If he's holding out for more than the ~10.5million they have in space it means they'll have to get creative with their lineup, possible jettison another body. Or Dubas is hoping for an offer sheet.

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
A bit over a week until camp. No Marner.
There's some rumours a 3 year bridge deal @ 9.5m per is in the works.

The NHL hasn't released the full broadcast schedule for the preseason, just bits and pieces.
Holding off on my call to Rogers.

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
Not that I'm aware of. Rogers owns exclusive NHL broadcast rights in Canada, and it's one of the main reasons why people stick with Rogers' bloated channel packages - pro sports. They're unlikely to relinquish that stranglehold any time soon.

Still holding off on the Rogers call.

All these people on Red Flag Deals claiming huge promos and discounts from Rogers.

I can't get them to budge from the prices posted on their website.

I was quoted $122+ tax for 150U and digital select. I'd never take it of course - it'd be only $3 cheaper than getting Select TV on its own and staying with my Start connection on rCable.

Bell is offering me 300/300 and Better TV for $105+Tx. But it's Bell, so.... no.

What a shit show.

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, the base package to get Leafs hockey in Toronto is the select package on Rogers, $76 a month all in.
It was $5 cheaper last year, and we went for it.
I can get it cheaper via a bundle, but I won't allow a Puma modem in my home.

On average, we watched about 14 hours of hockey on Sportsnet and TSN per month, the rest OTA.

It looks like we may skip it this year. :confused:

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
FWIW, the base package to get Leafs hockey in Toronto is the select package on Rogers, $76 a month all in.
It was $5 cheaper last year, and we went for it.
I can get it cheaper via a bundle, but I won't allow a Puma modem in my home.

On average, we watched about 14 hours of hockey on Sportsnet and TSN per month, the rest OTA.

It looks like we may skip it this year. :confused:
Ya, I haven't checked what it is in Montreal. I can usually find streams for any games I want to watch and for the most part really haven't watched much except for the world juniors the last few years anyways. Last year I was with Bell and got TSN just for the Christmas period but this year I have no tv sub at all with no plans on getting one.

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
I broke down. With Marner signed, I'm liking what the Leafs can do this year. So I opted for the Select package from Rogers, $75/Mo all in.
FWIW and a bit OT, Rogers threw all manner of Ignite bundle deals at me, including 500/30 with Ignite select, 84.95/Mo+tax. Just $10 a month more than what I'm paying for digital select alone. But the Ignite modems aren't compatible and don't play nice with consumer routers so I just can't risk it.

Edit: I'm assuming I got these offers because of the TPIA rates being lowered big time. Competition is a wonderful thing. :)

Marner and Tavares in camp today. Stoked for this season to get going.

GO LEAFS GOI!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom