New safeguards now in place for Internet customers

• Thread starter Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications
  • Start date
C

Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications

Today, the Internet Code came into force, providing Canadians with additional safeguards when subscribing to home Internet services. The Code will also help them resolve disputes with their Internet service provider (ISP).

Continue reading...

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
Today, the Internet Code came into force, providing Canadians with additional safeguards when subscribing to home Internet services. The Code will also help them resolve disputes with their Internet service provider (ISP).

Continue reading...
Really? This is about home internet service? ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THIS IS NEW!! 0 changes. I thought I was reading a (albeit outdated) addition to the wireless code but they are seriously trying to pass this off as some sort of strengthening of home internet services?

All of these standards have been in place for years--even decades.

By a large majority--most home internet services are unlimited. In the minority, where people do have data caps on their services, providers have been mandated for decades already to notify customers that they are approaching or going over those caps and will incur more charges or can purchase other alternatives--where do you think the changes to the wireless code came from?

Hell, back in the early 90's, I would get notifications from Rogers via my web browser, just as this bullshit "new safeguard" is demanding now. THIS IS NOT NEW and has been part of the Internet Code for decades already.

I have seen some blatant and outright deceptions in Ian Scott's tenure but this is the first in 40 years I have ever seen an outright regurgitation of rules already in place being passed off in a PR scam as some sort or progressive new stance on consumer's rights!! Just goes to show how little we, as the general public, are educated in regards to telecom services and regulations when the powers at be can do absolutely nothing yet conduct a completely false PR campaign thinking they can outright lie and get away with it!

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, completely bogus PR campaign with nothing really new that's substantive. Just regurgitated talking points. The true nature of the current internet sector can be summed up by the years long wholesale rates imbroglio and the years longer disaggregated decision that's been "any day now" for several years.

It's a shit show.

Top Bottom