Meal Kit Services

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
Was just browsing some stories via firefox homepage and cam across an article about these meal kit delivery service and was mind-blown. I didn't even realize these existed! Have any of you ever used this kind of service before?

This is the one I'm thinking of trying out:

https://www.chefsplate.com/menu

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
I've never seen anything like that. I'm curious what the costs are, because the convenience of it is off the charts. When my wife and I find recipes we like they're usually difficult to shop for because of the amounts you have to buy. Shopping to cook for 2 is not a simple thing, and many of our recipes just don't freeze well.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I'm curious what the costs are
Prices aren't too bad depending on the plan you take. The plan I would do is 4 meals a week for 2 servings (just me and my daughter so works out good) and it comes to $87.60 per week with free delivery.

Another bonus is that you get to step out of your comfort zone and try new meals that you likely wouldn't have done yourself. Going to sign up on payday and try it out for a couple of weeks.

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
Prices aren't too bad depending on the plan you take. The plan I would do is 4 meals a week for 2 servings (just me and my daughter so works out good) and it comes to $87.60 per week with free delivery.

Another bonus is that you get to step out of your comfort zone and try new meals that you likely wouldn't have done yourself. Going to sign up on payday and try it out for a couple of weeks.
Yeah, the wife and I are looking into this, 3 or 4 meals with 2 servings. We like the idea of trying new things without having to over-buy the ingredients, added bonus having it all dropped at our door. This might work out quite well for us.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I did hear back from another service https://www.chefcookit.com . They are unwilling to provide a trial purposes due to a "high demand of this type of request." Citing financial constraints.

I do find it extremely difficult to believe that any company cannot afford a $65 hit to their marketing budget. If that truly is the case, I don't think they will be around for any length of time and would have no choice to recommend NOT using this service.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
Just to let you all know, I haven't given up on getting other reviews. I've sent my HelloFresh review to their competitors to prove that it's a legit offer to provide an unbiased review of their product, not simply some joe blow looking for a freebie. Hopefully this will garner some more review opportunities.

I will let you know what, if any responses I receive. The review here has already received a few hundred hits and the reddit post linking here has received around 120 hits so it's a pretty cheap way to reach a hundreds of potential customers.

I will also be reaching out to other companies for more products for reviews in an effort to drive traffic here. If you have a product or service you would like to review, please let myself or any of the staff know and pass along any contacts you may know. I have no issue reaching out to any company--big, small or huge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom