James Forcillo appeal, over and out

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe his appeal made it this far.

The judge who made the initial ruling gave a decent justification of why he was being found guilty (the fact that he started firing again after the initial volley) so I'm somewhat surprised it went all the way to the supreme court.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
It's too bad higher courts can't say "You know what, you got off easy." Then converts this prick's sentence to 25 years--which, IMO is what this guy deserves.

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
It's too bad higher courts can't say "You know what, you got off easy." Then converts this prick's sentence to 25 years--which, IMO is what this guy deserves.
I believe they are able to do that. I know it happens in the US all the time, people appealing what are otherwise light sentences and the appellate judge says "...hang on a sec... ", and ups their sentence - sometimes significantly.

He should've gotten life with at least 10 years before parole eligibility. Maybe even 15, considering the circumstances. I suppose what he got was better than letting him off completely, which is what I thought was going to happen. But I felt that being found guilty of attempted murder made no sense, because that lad should not have been shot at all, let alone multiple times AFTER he'd been dropped by the initial volley.

Sad story. I hope this prick suffers a horrible life.

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I suppose what he got was better than letting him off completely
If it was anyone else, they would have gotten 25 (which is life in American terms). They gave him the lightest sentence possible and not one level of the justice system stopped and said "Hey, this guy stepped severely over the line and should pay the price."

A true miscarriage of justice here in Canada IMHO.

Top Bottom