• There will be an upgrade performed to the site tonight. The forums may go offline for a short period. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Email to the Chair Himself--Let's See if He Has the Courage to Show

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
Mr Scott,

I am requesting your presence for an online Q&A on my forums.

I will preface this invitation with a little background. I started my forums as a direct result of today's current climate in Canada. We are at a very pivotal point, as I am sure you would agree and have stated yourself multiple times now in public venues, where how we move forward will very much shape the telecom landscape in this country for years to come.

Despite your very public empathy and concern in this regard, the CRTC, under your direction, has taken numerous and very discreet actions against those very concerns as of late. A number of initiatives that made inroads under the watchful eye of Mr. Blais have been either completely ignored, delayed considerably or completely reversed altogether.

Mr. Scott, you have even gone further and, against your very own public statements, endorsed and made decisions against the very concerns you vocalized publicly by disallowing organizations that truly garner the best interests of the Canadian population at large, the opportunity to vocalize their concerns during these inquiries.

I do realize Mr. Scott that you have life-long relationships within the telecom industry as, during your last tenure with the CRTC, you held both a lobbyist position with Telus at the very same time as drawing a salary from the CRTC, however you now hold the very seat of power that will shape this industry for years to come and need to understand the levity of that position.

I, personally, am still at a loss how a candidate with obvious strong ties as a pro-incumbent and an obviously anti-consumer posture, with absolutely no quams about being so landed such a position. You have, from the onset of your tenure, set out to not only overturn all of the benefits and progressions your predecessor had made but, in your very short tenure completely destroyed them--all the while having a smile on your face and publicly stating how concerned you are about our future, publishing those sound-bites, while doing your best to quietly pass rulings knowing the vertically-integrated media will not be publishing it and the general public will be none the wiser.

I have news for you Mr. Scott. Not only are you receiving this email but it will be published and distributed to every independent source within Canada. My site may be small and insignificant now but I will ensure that Canada as a whole sees your true colours and I will not rest until you actually have to answer for your actions.

Sincerely,

Bill Rabishaw

Owner, CanISPReports.com

EDIT: Got a bounceback from Mr. Scott's publicly published addresse so instead sent this to OpenMedia, CNOC, PIAC and an older CRTC email I had from a previous submission as well as alerted Mr. Geist via his twitter feed.

I don't know if our small site will actually garner any attention at all for this but I will not let that stop me in my efforts to bring to light what the vertically integrated media in this country refuses to report.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rednekcowboy

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
This thread is open to the general public to reply and post.

HiVolt

Staff member
There's no way in hell he discusses his conflict of interest with anyone.

OP
OP
Rednekcowboy

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
I did not expect him to actually show up here and face some hard questions that no one else is asking.

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
I did not expect him to actually show up here and face some hard questions that no one else is asking.
Of course not, being a quasi legal tribunal, the only thing you can expect a Pablum-esque statements about developing telecom in Canada.

OP
OP
Rednekcowboy

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
Of course not, being a quasi legal tribunal, the only thing you can expect a Pablum-esque statements about developing telecom in Canada.
If we had anything but a vertically integrated media, he would have no choice but to face those hard questions.

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
If we had anything but a vertically integrated media, he would have no choice but to face those hard questions.
We really only have the CBC which poses some challenges of its own. They care about high-ish cellphone bills, but nothing else really.

bjlockie

The is no reason for him to show up.
There are people that will just yell at him.

Top Bottom