Chris Seidl to the annual conference of the BC Broadband Association

• Thread starter Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications
  • Start date
C

Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications

Today, the CRTC authorized Leclerc Communication’s application to acquire radio stations CHOI-FM in Quebec City and CKLX-FM in Montreal.

Continue reading...

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
Among the key items to address competitive choice for consumers that is on the Commission’s ‘to-do’ list is determining final rates for aggregated wholesale high-speed access services, as well as rates and conditions for disaggregated wholesale high-speed access services in Ontario and Quebec. Once those decisions are issued in the coming months, we will turn our attention to rolling out the disaggregated service in other regions of the country.
We also will examine the state of interconnection and wireline wholesale services starting next year.
Jesus christ, if they delay much longer, they might as well close the doors on TPIA's themselves. What a bunch of bullshit!

dillyhammer

Administrator
Staff member
The way I take it, they'll examine the state of interconnection and wireline wholesale services starting next year.
Final rates are "coming months"

People are expecting a decision on final rates for FTTP access any day, so "coming months" is a good sign.
Better than "next year", which would be preposterous. Heads should roll if that's the case.

Given an election in October, I see a decision coming down within a couple of months that the cartel will vigorously oppose. It'll be a shit show until Trudeau is ousted, and the conservatives will get back to that "light regulatory touch" they're [in]famous for.

I don't see this going well at all.

All that said, I'm completely comfortable with my 60/10 from an independent over cable.
I get what I need, it's reasonably priced all things considered, and I've just... stopped caring....

Last edited:

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
The way I take it, they'll examine the state of interconnection and wireline wholesale services starting next year.
Final rates are "coming months"

People are expecting a decision on final rates for FTTP access any day, so "coming months" is a good sign.
Better than "next year", which would be preposterous. Heads should roll if that's the case.

Given an election in October, I see a decision coming down within a couple of months that the cartel will vigorously oppose. It'll be a shit show until Trudeau is ousted, and the conservatives will get back to that "light regulatory touch" they're [in]famous for.

I don't see this going well at all.

All that said, I'm completely comfortable with my 60/10 from an independent over cable.
I get what I need, it's reasonably priced all things considered, and I've just... stopped caring....
But how do you set rates without examining the interconnections as that would be a major factor in those rates?

I don't see a decision prior to election time, either that or it will be an extremely favorable one on the side of the incumbents if there is as this is not a major public facing issue. The majority of sheeple in this country have 0 clue about the extreme importance of this topic.

Top Bottom