• There will be an upgrade performed to the site tonight. The forums may go offline for a short period. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bell Home Hub Bridge Mode

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
OK, so I switched to Bell a couple of weeks ago and have been suffering through using their home hub for my "whole home solution" for a while now.

I need a solution to be able to put this in bridge mode and use my own router. I'm tired of using a single channel router that has crappy dns and takes forever to resolve addresses but I need the wifi for my second TV receiver in my daughter's room.

I did do some reading but there is a lot of misinformation out there. There has to be a way, especially with all of the custom firmware options out there for routers to be able to simply plug the rj45 directly into a router and recreate the vlan necessary for the tv service without even having to use the home hub at all....

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

OP
OP
Rednekcowboy

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
Did you switch to Fiber and you have an HH3000 now?
No, unfortunately Fibre isn't available here. I have 100/10 with the HH3000.

I could follow some guides I found to get true bridge mode but then the issue lies with wifi for my second stb in my daughter's room. I thought it would be as simple as assigning the same vlan used by Bell on my own router for that receiver but apparently--as in life--nothing is that simple lol.

I guess the only real answer would be for me to run a cable to my daughters room to feed that stb. To be honest, the performance isn't that bad to go through all of that. It was absolutely horrid the first couple of days but seems to have gotten better. Either that or I've just adjusted to the degraded performance now and am used to it.

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
There's a specific VLAN for IPTV and another for the internet, 35 and 36, I think. You won't get TV unless it's tagged to the right VLAN, I can't really speak for this as I haven't done the TV part, but I've got the internet working without the HH3000 altogether, I think the setup with the same without the HH3000, or the HH3000 in bridge mode.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31118482-Yes-you-CAN-bypass-the-HomeHub-3000

It's long, but most people in there who have IPTV and Internet have managed to make it work

I'll try and take a cap of my router pages sometime today.

OP
OP
Rednekcowboy

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
Thanks for that. Will check it out.

I may even return the second box as my daughter doesn't really use it and watches stuff on her ipad anyways. In that case I wouldn't need to worry about it.

El Quintron

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for that. Will check it out.

I may even return the second box as my daughter doesn't really use it and watches stuff on her ipad anyways. In that case I wouldn't need to worry about it.
If you can get away with dumping the STB I would certainly do that, it's one less rental item on your bill...

OP
OP
Rednekcowboy

Rednekcowboy

Owner
Staff member
If you can get away with dumping the STB I would certainly do that, it's one less rental item on your bill...
The rentals are free for me, so dumping one doesn't save me any money.

Top Bottom